Now more than ever, it’s extremely important to keep everything clean and bacteria free - even your tech! Although squirting some hand sanitiser on your laptop might not be the smartest idea and will definitely break your tech, there are lots of other ways to keep yourself and your tech clean and virus free!
Hopefully you can remember the last time you cleaned your hands, but when was the last time you cleaned your computer? Your technology is a fairground for germs and bacteria, which is why it’s so important to regularly clean your devices and wipe away those tiny crumbs and grease marks.
Here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts of how to keep your tech squeaky clean.
- Although you can’t squirt hand sanitiser onto your device, put some on your hands before you start using your tech to eliminate any germs that may be on your hands that will transfer onto your devices.
- Clean down your keyboard with disinfectant wipes. Be very gentle with any wipes that you use and make sure there isn’t too much liquid in them. Wipe over your keyboard lightly with them and ta-da, it’s clean!
- If you want, you can still use liquid solution to clean down your tech however you need to be very careful. Apply a 70% alcohol solution to a soft cloth that has no lint and gently wipe down your device. You can also use a mild soap with water, but you need to be careful that no water gets into any part of your laptop / desktop.
- Before you start any cleaning, make sure that absolutely everything is unplugged from a socket. Completely disconnect your devices from any power sources before starting the cleaning process.
- Don’t use any type of liquid that could potentially get into small components of your tech. It will definitely be clean but it will no longer be working!
- Don’t use chemical agents or bleach as they’re very harsh on tech materials and will ruin the finish of your laptop or desktop.
For those of you who correctly followed our Do’s and Don’t, congratulations. For those who were unsuccessful, check out our new and refurbished desktops here...you might need one!